Thursday, August 21, 2014

8D Bell Resurrection

Offta. This came in from an area college. They were not willing to replace the bell.     

 

First step was to round it out as best as possible. Mind you, the nickel silver was paper thin. Here are the results.



Rather than patching each of the hole individually I decided to make a sleeve to both patch the holes and add support to the bell.

I started by cutting out a sheet of nickel silver. I used masking tape to make a pattern of the area I wanted to cover. I then transfered it to the nickel silver sheet and cut it out.  After annealing it I began to shape it into a cone.
=
After it was shaped I silver soldered the seam. 




Next I did a bunch of clean up and shaping. Once It fit onto the bell as I wanted, I soldered it in place.

        


















Here is the Final product.



No comments:

Post a Comment